Friday, November 19, 2004

Mosh

Eminem's Mosh

stirs up emotions in me. It makes me want to jump out of my window and onto the street. I woke at 7am on November 2nd, 2004, put on my hoodie, and walked up the street to vote. It was anti-climactic. Especially due to Bush's prevalence. I was happy to see Michigan and New Hampshire go blue.

I've been waiting for musicians to do more than give a shout-out at a concert like the Beastie Boys or Dixie Chicks. Artists need to chime in to the state of the union, and music speaks. America listens. Eminem made an anthem against the president, and quite a few people voted. The youth demographic, 18-35, was the only bloc to vote majority Kerry. Mosh didn't specifically send me to the polls, but it energized my resolve to get to them by any means necessary.

Bush makes me want to PUKE