Friday, August 12, 2005

Gather TOMORROW to show Solidarity with Cindy Sheehan

An email from Boston Mobilization

THIS SATURDAY AUGUST 13th, 6:00-8:30 pm, PARK STREET STATION, BOSTON

Dear Friends –

One of the most frustrating things about trying to stop this war is that few of us feel it in a personal way. I think this is part of a plan, a plan to insulate us from the cost of this war. Few of us have to pay the price directly, as Cindy Sheehan does, and the Iraqi people do. Can you imagine losing a child to this war?

I have heard from many people that they will be at the vigil tomorrow. But many others have said words to the effect of: “I wish I could be there, I have other plans, I support you”

I totally understand but -

I don’t think this war is going to end until we are willing to change our plans, and disrupt our daily lives. What will it take? How many more dead? Will we each have to lose someone in order to do what Cindy did?

Or will it just grind on and on?

I beg you, take that one next step, BE THERE TOMMOROW!

Out of respect for Cindy and the Gold Star families we will be dressed in black. After sunset we will surround the Frog Pond holding candles. The reflection of their flames will honor all those who have lost their lives or been wounded in this illegal war.

PLEASE COME! WEAR BLACK, BRING CANDLES!

Please Spread the Word!


Yours In Action, Eve